Monday 1 February 2016

Q66: Man Seeks Doukhobor Farm Work

From: Lawrence Donegan, Toronto, Ontario

Can you help me find work on a Doukhobor farm, or any farm?

I want to learn more about pacifism, Doukhobors and preserve the environment.

I have spent about eight months of my life farming and am interested in farming again this year. I have an interest in the Doukhobors and wonder whether there are any Doukhobor farms in Canada that are in need of workers. ...

I am from Toronto, 30, live with my parents in a big Catholic family, and work as a dishwasher at a restaurant. While studying philosophy at Memorial University in St. John's, Newfoundland, I first read about Doukhobors in George Woodcock's book Anarchism: A History of Libertarian Ideas and Movements, 2004. I also learnt from a professor that Tolstoy may have derived much of his inspiration for agricultural communes from the Doukhobors. ...

I am concerned for the welfare of the environment and the integrity of my own person. These factors, among others, have led to my desire to possibly work on a Doukhobor farm.

Answer

If any Doukhobor, Mennonite, or other farmers need a farm hand, or know of anyone who does, please contact Lawrence Donegan by email : lawrencepd2002@yahoo.ca

More: Questions and Answers, Comments

2 comments:

  1. College of the Rockies in Creston offers a farming course and most of the graduates find employment in this beautiful valley, though they are among independent farmers of all faiths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous, 19 February 2016 (Restored)7 March 2021 at 19:22

    Worldwide Opportunities on Organic Farms, Canada (WWOOF Canada®)

    ‘WWOOFers’, spend about half of each day helping out any of 632 organic host farms in Canada, learning about organic agriculture, and get free room and board.

    ReplyDelete