Sunday 24 June 2018

Ron Kalmakoff's New Recording

Ron Kalmakoff writes:

Some of you may remember me from my appearances starting at age 15 in Canora, Saskatchewan, or on radio and TV. Others may remember me living in Maple Ridge, BC, where I owned the Little Cricket Gift Gallery for 14 years.

More recently some of you may have seen me walking on one of the beaches of the Sunshine Coast, BC, searching for my latest inspiration.

Hopefully most of you will remember me as singer~songwriter Ron Kalmakoff. That is where my heart is today.

After 7 years since my last album, Turn Around in 2010, I am back with a new recording project: ‘Long, Long Time’, YouTube.


Send me email or buy my music at Bandcamp. I’d also like to hear from you via Facebook or Instagram.

Ron Kalmakoff is an accomplished recording artist who for a short time used the English stage-name “Ron Sommerfeld” (1974), but returned to his identity as a Doukhobor. His concerts and 1982 demo led to an appearance on the Tommy Hunter TV show, then CBC's Search For the Stars where he placed 45 among 700 performers. His music was played and sold in Europe. Ron now lives in Sunshine Coast, BC. His original website RonKalmakoff.com was online from 2011 to 2015. Songs and videos online:

Ron Kalmakoff remembers his Canora roots, Kamsack Times, April 25, 2019, pages 6,11. 

No comments:

Post a Comment