'Lieutenant Governor Russ Mirasty presented the Sovereign’s Medal for Volunteers to 19 individuals on behalf of Her Excellency the Governor General at a ceremony at Government House in Regina on Sunday, October 17, 2021 at 2:00 pm.'
'Bill Kalmakoff, Saskatoon
'For more than two decades, Bill Kalmakoff  has served as a community representative at province-wide culture meetings of the Saskatoon Doukhobor Society [sic] and the Doukhobor Cultural Society of Saskatchewan. He has promoted public awareness of and fostered a greater appreciation for the contributions of Canadian Doukhobors.'
The Lt. Gov. staff posted a galley of 61 photos, 3 showing Bill (2 cropped above). Bill's daughter Sandy also took photos and posted 3 on her Facebook page.
Bill has served as Elder for the Doukhobor Society of Saskatoon (DSS), in 2018-19, and 2014-15.
In 2012, Bill was interviewed for Doukhobor bread making — 60 volunteers bake and sell the 5,000 loaves produced at Saskatoon Exhibition. Interviewed: named: Bill Kalmakoff, John Tarasoff, Peter Holoboff, and Doreen Konkin. ('Doukhobor tradition carries on one loaf at a time', The StarPhoenix, Saskatoon SK, August 12, 2012)
In 2000, Bill was one of 'Eight volunteers to be honoured by Provincial Medal, Government of Saskatchewan.' 'Saskatchewan’s Lieutenant Governor, Lynda Haverstock, today announced the names of eight citizens who will receive the Saskatchewan Volunteer Medal for 1999. The recipients include William Kalmakoff of Saskatoon, a well-known educator and promoter of multiculturalism, has given his time and energy to:
- Saskatoon Doukhobor Society,
- Doukhobor Cultural Society of Saskatchewan,
- Saskatchewan Intercultural Society,
- Saskatchewan Organization for Heritage Languages,
- Multi Faith Saskatoon,
- Saskatoon Doukhobor Society Newsletter,
- Saskatoon Doukhobor Choral group and the barbershop singing group Chimo Chordsmen,
- Doukhobor pavilions at the Saskatoon Exhibition and Folkfest,
- University of Saskatchewan College of Education Leadership Unit, where after retirement as a consultant he wrote an Education Act for Indian Band Schools.
- Canadians recognized for their exemplary volunteer contributions and Sovereign's Medal for Volunteers - 2021 recipients, The governor General of Canada, April 21, 2021
- Photos 1 and 2 from: Shelley Lavertu, Facebook, April 9, 2021 — 'My dad Bill Kalmakoff awarded the Governor General award for volunteering. He is going to be 92 and still giving back . Congratulations dad.'
- Photos 3 and 4 from Sandra Kalmakoff Greyeyes, via Mae Popoff, then found on website of Lieutenant Governor Mirasty.
- 'Saskatchewan residents recognized for exemplary volunteer contributions', Lieutenant Governor of Saskatchewan website, 18 October 2021,