|Source: Physicians for Social Responsibility, August 27, 2014.|
Let's learn from the past to prevent a world holocaust by using all of our diplomatic tools.
I feel that former US President J. F. Kennedy and current Russian President Vladimir Putin believe that we share this small planet together, we all breathe the same air, we all cherish our children’s future, we are all mortal, and we must therefore work together for peace and respect each other’s sphere of influence.
- In 1963, Kennedy established a direct communication link with President Nikita Khrushchev and negotiated a settlement to the missile crisis in Cuba. Had Kennedy succumbed to advice to attack by US military leaders, I doubt that we would be here today.
- In 2008, Russia did not annex Georgia when Georgian president Saakashvili recklessly attacked South Ossetia, violating cease fire agreements and killing Russian citizens. Russia neutralized the Georgian army, then retreated to its bases.
- In 2014, Russia did not invade Ukraine and seize Kiev when Washington installed a hostile regime in the Ukraine. Instead, Putin secured Sevastopol against the US fleet, protecting the presence of Russian speakers. A legal nonviolent referendum in the Crimea followed and was supported by 93% to join Russia.
- In November 2015 when Turkey shot down a Russian plane, Russia did not counter attack. Instead it diplomatically humiliated and isolated Turkey. I think Russia prevented a nuclear war.
|Source: Munich Security Report 2016, "Boundless Crises,|
Spoilers, Helpless Guardians," Munich Security Conference, page 25
The chart shows how the build-up of NATO bases with missiles encircling Russia provokes a protective response from the Russians. The situation resembles the time when Hitler's fascist forces were threatening USSR, resulting in mass mobilization to counter the threat.
I think people in the West are allowing a new Cold War and possibly WW3. Putin warns the West that any aggressive actions of a nuclear kind against Russia will lead to a direct response on the USA.
NATO Wants WW3 ?
Is anyone in the West listening to the threat of a nuclear war and the direct role of NATO in it? I find no news in any major North American media. US radio and TV talk show host Alex Jones asks why America is literally asleep on this issue.
Let’s take heed of the wisdom of presidents Kennedy and Putin and save our civilization from the catastrophe of a nuclear holocaust and stop WW 3. With the coming of the 71st anniversary of the US atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in August, let’s recall that madness and make every effort to prevent it today worldwide.
Commemorate August 6th and 9th, 2016 atomic bombings with a resolve:
NO MORE HIROSHIMAS, NO MORE WARS!
- Actively search for nonkilling structures for peace and install them in our regional and national programs.
- Let’s work to ban nuclear weapons, as have Mayors for Peace, which represent 7,095 cities around the world (105 in Canada).
- As concerned world citizens we should circulate a petition banning NATO.
- People, are you listening?
On My Website
- ‘Hijacking Hiroshima and Nagasaki.’ August 9, 2015.
- ‘May the Third Atomic Bomb Never Come.’ August 10, 2013.
- ‘Remember Hiroshima and Nagasaki.’ August 17, 2012.
- ‘Memorial of 1945 Nuclear Bombing of Japan.’ August 8, 2011.
- ‘Hiroshima and Nagasaki Remembrance August 2009’. August 3, 2009.
- Kohls, Gary G. 'Christianity and the Nagasaki Bomb'. Information Clearing House, August 11, 2016.
- Bruce Kidd, James Orbinski, Landon Pearson, Setsuko Thurlow, and Jean Vanier. ‘Let’s Work to Ban the Bomb.’ Ottawa Citizen, August 5, 2016. page A11.
- Cunningham, Finian. ‘Britain’s Incorrigible Warmongering Towards Russia.’ Information Clearing House, July 31, 2016.
- Clifford, Joe. ‘Corporate Media and Neocon Propaganda Will Get Millions Killed.’ Information Clearing House, July 31, 2016.
- Lvov, Petr. ‘Saudi Arabia is Setting a Trap for Moscow Yet Again.’ Information Clearing House, July 30, 2016.
- Hallian, Conn. ‘We May Be at a Greater Risk of Nuclear Catastrphe Than During the Cold War.’ Information Clearing House, July 23, 2016.
- ‘Putin Issues Desperate Warning of WWIII.’ (video, 8:06 min), Alex Jones radio show, InforWars.com, July 7, 2016.
- Hudson, Michael. ‘US-NATO Border Confrontation with Russia Risks Nuclear War.’ Information Clearing House, July 19, 2016.
- Munich Security Report 2016, "Boundless Crises, Reckless Spoilers, Helpless Guardians," Munich Security Conference, page 25
- Ray, Muon. ‘Michio Kaku - Top Secret Military War Plans.’ YouTube, November 17, 2012. 13:30 minutes.