“Celebrating 70 Years ~ A Journey for Peace ~ Past, Present Future”
Grand Forks and Castlegar, British Columbia
May 19-22, 2017
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Spirit —
Congratulations to the USCC, volunteers and visitors who made the annual Doukhobor Youth Festivals happen!
70 years is a lifetime for many people.
Well done our pioneering and younger friends!
In these many years, there have been many achievements:
- You have shown that cooperation is possible in a world of run-away capitalism and that the road to a ‘win-win’ scenario is important for the sustainability of human life on Earth.
- By bringing people together, you have achieved a unity of spirit and built bridges of understanding between the East and the West. You have reminded us that we are living in One World where ‘respect’ is a golden word.
- By bringing together songs from the heart you have made the wider world more beautiful.
- Finally, and most important, you remind us of the mission statement of our ancestors who sought to develop a world without wars. Burning weapons in 1895 is another way of saying that today we need to work actively to drastically reduce our military industrial complex, get rid of NATO, and encourage the development of an architecture for peace — such as setting up a Department of Peace in Canada’s parliament.
— Koozma J. Tarasoff and Kristina Kristova, Ottawa, Canada.
- Program : Celebrating 70 Years ~ A Journey for Peace ~ Past, Present Future. May 19-22, 2017.
- Invitation: Join the Reunion Choir, Celebrating the 70th Annual Union of Youth Festival — Calling all former members of youth choirs to join in a joint choir performance.
- USCC Union of Youth, Facebook
- Festivals online, and in the news.